East Grand Rapids
Find the newest homes for sale & real estate listings in East Grand Rapids! In this competitive market it’s important to stay on top of the newest listings & to alert us on anything you would like to see. If you would like more information on any of these East GR homes for sale, just request information on the listing details page of the property. We can provide you with information that’s not available to the public including disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven’t already, be sure to register for our website so that you can receive email alerts whenever new East Grand Rapids homes for sale come on the market.
Why Live In East?
There are many reasons to choose East Grand Rapids, but here are several reasons:
- Abundant Parks, Playgrounds, and Nature Areas - From the manicured lawn of Collins Park on the shores of Reeds Lake to hiking trails through Hodenpyl Woods and boardwalks extending out into Reeds Lake, there’s something for every outdoor lover. Most parks and many of the natural areas are accessible to those with physical disabilities.
- Gaslight Village - This charming business district is the heart of East Grand Rapids. You can find a variety of restaurants, boutiques, service providers, groceries, and goodies as you explore the streets. And the sidewalks are heated in the winter, making it a pleasant stroll anytime of the year!
- Lots To Do - There are concerts and movies at the park on summer evenings, art fairs, book sales, charity athletic events, and a day-long celebration on the fourth of July. There are also hundreds of recreation programs and library events. The best part is you can walk to all of them! Whether you’re taking your kids to school or athletic events, heading to Gaslight Village or the library, the gorgeous, tree-lined sidewalks and paths will take you there.
- Proximity to Work and Play – No matter where you work, East Grand Rapids is a great place to call home. The professional offices and entertainment venues of downtown Grand Rapids are a convenient 15-minute drive, and the retail hubs of 28th Street are mere minutes away. An outstanding public transportation system is also available to get you where you’re going.
- Reeds Lake - The jewel of Kent County is within our borders. Whether you enjoy a quiet morning kayaking through the wetlands, waterskiing, or spreading out a blanket to catch the afternoon sun at Collins Park, Reeds Lake is the place to do it. The fishing is great year-round!
- Safe Neighborhoods - The city has a very low crime rate and friendly neighborhoods. Children can play outside, ride their bikes to school, or visit a friend’s house.
- School District - East Grand Rapids has an award-winning school district with an outstanding reputation for academic achievement and sports championships.
- Sense of Community - East is a small town in the middle of a bustling metropolitan area. Whether you’re cheering for the football team on a Friday night or gathering for fireworks on the fourth of July, you’re among friends!